Never tired to explore new experience

The YSEALI Matters Forum in Jakarta, Indonesia is a gathering that brings together 40 YSEALI alumni for seminars and discussion sessions focused on impact leadership, harnessing technology, taking action through private-public partnerships, and transforming community engagement into policy action.

40 YSEALI alumni and organizers

This forum offers participants, including yourself and other fellows, new opportunities to strengthen moderation skills, communication, public awareness, and learn more about the U.S and ASEAN relationship behavior.

During the cultural time, we’re Cambodian fellow showcases their traditional clothes along with other alumni.I wear in my cultural clothes as an Indigenous person to give a brief presentation to delegates on "YSEALI is my hope" in order to share my experience, what I have learn from YSEALI, and what I gave back to the indigenous community. 

3 mins for presentation about experience with YSEALI at U.S Mission to Indonesia Ambassador

I expressed my worries regarding indigenous education at this time and identified ways YSEALI could apply to support indigenous education in Cambodia.

My experience with the YSEALI Forum Matters has been enjoyable, as everyone supports me and they open-minded in accepting personal and perspective in differences. 

Quick photo session with Madam Kamala Harris, Vice President of United States (7 Sep 2023, Jakarta)

I and fellows had the opportunity to meet Syed Sediq, the former Minister of Malaysia, and were fortunate to meet Madam Kamala Harris, the Vice President of the U.S. She is great respect and motivated me to make a positive impact on ASEAN’s community.

Have a smart conversation with Syed Sediq, former Minister of Malaysia

It's important to note that I and fellows are not just passive attendees, but actively contribute your ideas and strategies to strengthen the YSEALI program and make it more inclusive.

After I return to my community, I plan to exchange my experience with my colleagues, and share it to friends, and my indigenous community. 

The YSEALI program consistently provides initiatives and opportunities for fellowship, and I believe it will continue to bring more experiences and opportunities in the future with YSEALI.

Comments

Popular Posts