Why you join YSEALI program

Visit beautiful places 

    This program is perfect for people who want to visit popular tourist destinations in the United States. As a result of my adventures, I have been to many beautiful places in Arizona, New York City, and Washington, DC.


    I was in Arizona for 28 days to study at Arizona State University. I also visited Grand Cayon National Park, which is a beautiful place where visitors can see snow, golden rocks, trees, and blue clouds. These views made me happy and made me feel as if I were in heaven.

It is turned to explore New York City, where people from all over the world want to see the Statue of Liberty. I enjoyed walking through a city park because it is so peaceful and clean. 

I went to the United Nations Charter because it is one of my goals to take a photo there. To be honest, this city is culturally diverse, with a modern population. New York is the largest city in the United States of America.

A picture near the Statue of Liberty, New York City

Washington, DC is the capital of the United States, and it is a safe and comfortable place to live and visit.  Every night while I was there, I hung out outside by myself to admire the beautiful sky and garden on the street.  

This city feels like a second home to me because I have fond memories of cultural landmarks such as the United States Capitol, the White House, and a few museums.

U.S Capitol in Washington DC, 2023

2. Improve leadership skill

    Leadership is particularly important for the younger generation, which is why the program offers two courses for participants to improve their leadership, public speaking, moderation, and communication skills. I believe that because the exchange program was open to all young people, young leaders like you would prefer to participate.

Doing a presentation in front more people at Arizona State University

4. Self-improvement

    It is the first time in my life that I have taken part in an inclusive program like YSEALI. In fact, it has increased my self-awareness because I met a professional mentor who taught and motivated me to respect myself and orient me to know what I want to do in real life. This program taught us about ourselves, goal-setting, and self-leadership.

5. Discovering new things

    Therefore, I believed that I am the only person who knows everything, but this is not true because I have met many people who are greater in strength and knowledge than I am. 

If you participate in this program, you will see how much more we need to open our minds to be humble in order to learn and accept new experiences from diverse people around us. The more you explore, the more you get to know yourself and the many experiences we have to learn from every people.

Meet new people, meet new experiences from them, YSEALI's fellows

6. Try new foods in the United States

    The United States of America is a place where people from various countries come to live. So many new foods to try, I like Pizza in New York. I ate various foods at the time in the well-known restaurant there. 

     If you enjoy trying new foods, I highly recommend visiting America. Anyway, US restaurants are very expensive for me because they include tax (20%) and tips for every service. Customers cannot get anything for free.

Try a pizza slide at popular restaurant in New York

7.  Connect with new friends

    The program is open to young people from Southeast Asian countries. I have made new friends who are willing to share their diverse experiences with me. I miss them a lot because we have so many memories together doing things like singing, eating, walking, and sharing. 

    Furthermore, you must meet scholars, professors, and young politicians in person. I hope you can feel my feelings right now, and then you can see how you feel when you become friends with me. I hope you will join the program for the next cohort.

My fellows from ASEAN's countries at Grand Cayon

To summarize, the program assists me in realizing my dream of exchanging in the United States. There are additional things you could do as part of the exchange program for the next cohort to explore and experience the United States. 

All of these are based on my personal experience with the YSEALI program in the United States. YSEALI's alumni have their own experiences to share with you. 

Do not miss this fantastic opportunity to apply for the YSEAlI program. I hope you will participate in the exchange program. Learn more about YSEALI: https://kh.usembassy.gov/yseali-academic-fellowships/

Comments

Popular Posts