Volunteer Experiences

Volunteer is a person who work without being paid and freely offer to do something that  do not get much allowance from the work place. Being a volunteer person is good way for me and all to learn something new and improving and self-development.

I have was starting participate with volunteering works since I was in 10th grade of high school.  Everyone choose to be volunteer for variety reasons. As true, I do not get much paid from volunteering work in the community. However, I often get more experiences, skills and knowledges. Likewise, regarding to my experience being volunteer guy, there are four benefits as bellows:


#1. Learn and gain real-world experience

  
  




















 Vol Volunteer can helps me have more confident by giving me the opportunity trying to learn to do something new and different from school, I have never learned from school, it rarely teach me as joining volunteer works and I take time to practice a lot from the real activities in the community. It gives me special time for me to understand or know myself "Who am I?", I believed that everyone will also think this question is easily to response correctly. 

You're all rights! This question is simple for us to answer but it is really deep difficult to find ourselves right away, what we gonna do in the future?. As matter of fact, when I was in secondary school, I did not know well on myself, the question that I used to ask myself is " Hey Blen, who are you bro?, but after I decided to join with CIYA, which is the association that I have realized and knew myself well that better than before. The volunteer works has taught me the real experience of life and global journey. 

Moreover, participating the volunteering works is the best way for me to awareness and strengthen the knowledge, skills and experience through joining the volunteer work.

# 2.Make meaningful connections with many peoples
f
 
     






















Volunteering lets me meet people from different Provinces. It gives me the opportunity to make relationships with them. In the event, I met and knew new friends, seniors and juniors from different Universities. 

Most of them are friendly and lovely. They are from Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang, Takeo, Kratei, etc. It is truth that volunteer activity makes me meet and know more people who usually encourage me. It is important to know them, I could learn and gain some experiences or skills from those guys during attend the meeting, training and workshop in the community.
      
Therefore, I remembered that when I was young boy, I was a shy kid noncommunicating with different or strange peoples even my family because I was surrounded by negative peoples on me that why made me be a afraid to to speak up as my friend. 

However, I was trying so hard to improve speaking till I could speak up and have a good skills to communicate with strange persons. More than this, I did a good thing as leadership skills what I wanted to be as I was being a kid who has a dream to be a good diploma for my community and country.

#3. Funny and relaxing


       


























At that time, it was so funniest to enjoy the training activities with youths from different colleagues. We do the some activities so happy and amazing together. I feel really love and miss all the activities. We often get field trip to another provinces in Cambodia. 

For me, I have enjoying the activities and with my team work. When I patriciate as volunteer person, I usually feel proud to wear a volunteer t-shirt because I often meet more persons who did funny and happy during the training session or after the event. Evidently, my mind is freshy when I get funny and never get stressful. Life is happy when being with youth who like funny and amazing things because it can helps my mind think positively and flexibly. 

#4. Easy to apply for jobs, exchange programme

    
 


  




















Exactly, at the work places, employers often looking for candidates/employees with a good of hard skills and soft skills, so, volunteering is excellent ways that can gives me opportunities to improve soft skills and professional skills. 

Fatly, I always passed the job interviewing because of I have the soft skills by joining the volunteering with NGOs, School groups, etc. For the exchange programme is a event which provides students from different countries to visit the foreign country. 

The exchange is offers me stem. However, the exchange programme requires us have advanced in English or foreign languages regards to the requirement of announcement. As matter of fact, most of exchange programme often needs high GPA of studying. 

Likewise, it does not matter if you have not advance in foreign language. But for me have the experienced in volunteering in our own community so finally passed the exchange programme inside and outside the country. Because the event needs us did more activities in the community.

Thank you so much for reading. May god bless you all!

Any good information from me, please do not forget to subscribe my personal blog here!

Comments

Romam said…
Don't forget to read it!

Popular Posts